A Step Ahead Children's Nursery
We provide childcare 8am to 6pm, five days a weeks, 52 weeks of the year. The nursery is a 63 place setting that cares for children aged 3months- 5 years.
We are an 'Ofsted Good' nursery!
We are very proud of the standard of care we provide for children and are very proud of our ‘‘good” status that was awarded to us by Ofsted in June 2015. We pride ourselves on being a friendly, fun loving and well qualified staff team who strive to provide outstanding care for your child. The children are our main priority and we strive to ensure that all children have their individual needs met, are supported in meeting their full learning potential and are happy in our care. We understand that children learn through play and as such we use child initiated play and games to provide learning opportunities for the children as well as adult planned activities.
We believe the nursery environment which we provide is safe, welcoming and well facilitated with a large variety of exciting and purposeful furniture, toys and resources. Our nursery has two rooms, Caterpillars ( 3months -2.5 years ) has a separate cosy sleep area and also has free flow our beautiful garden and Butterflies ( 2.5-5 years ) The ages of the children in each room are estimated as each child is transitioned from one room to another based on their own personal development. This ensures that we challenge and engage with the children at the correct level.
We boast a fabulous outdoor area which has been designed to allow fun and safe play all year round, whatever the weather. The garden is also well equipped with a variety of resources which includes climbing frames, slides, creative stage, veggie patch and a range of little friendship pods.
We also have a kitchen onsite. We provide a hot nutritious lunch, a high tea and can cater for all allergies and special requirements. Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea and puddings are all included in the sessions prices.
We are hugely proud of the care and environment we provide for the children - please come and visit us and see for yourself
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a safe, happy environment with the appropriate adult to child ratio in accordance to OFSTED Welfare Requirements and EYFS for under 8's.
- For Children to reach their full potential through activities with meaning and purpose encouraging individuality.
- To encourage parental/carer involvement by keeping them informed in their child's progress, group plan and activities.
- To enhance the children’s confidence and self-esteem by praise and encouragement.
- To plan and provide a wide range of equipment and activities with appropriate adult interaction where the children can succeed.
- To follow child led play but to link this with a semi-structured term plan creating progression in the children’s learning abilities, linking their skills and understanding.
- To provide a well balanced curriculum, which will encourage the children to use their ideas and imagination to further their understanding of the world.
- To encourage the staff to update and further their training to ensure quality care for the children.
- To provide a Childcare Centre in which children are treated and respected equally regardless of gender, race, disability or religion.